A chemical peel is a method employed to enhance the look of the skin on the face, neck or hands. A chemical solution is kept on the skin that creates it to exfoliate and finally peel off.
Chemical peels enhance the look of wrinkled skin by employing a chemical solution to eliminate the outer coating of old skin. The novel skin that changes it is typically smoother and less wrinkled in look.
What You Should Understand Regarding Chemical Peels for Wrinkles?
The practitioner who does your peel would first wash your skin methodically. Next one or additional chemical solutions would be put on to the skin. These solutions involve glycolic acid, salicylic acid, trichloroacetic acid, carbolic acid and lactic acid. The procedure makes a controlled lesion, letting novel skin to develop in position of the wrinkled skin.
Throughout the process, patients may undergo a burning impression going for 5 to 10 minutes. Cold compresses can be applied to reduce the pain. Pain relief can be needed for deeper peels.
Why select chemical peels for wrinkles?
Chemical peel treatments characteristically are employed on the face, neck and hands. Fair-skinned and light-haired patients are better applicants for the process. The process is non-surgical and may be done in a doctor’s office.
Normally, fair-skinned and light-haired patients are superior candidates for the treatment of chemical peels. If you have a darker tone of your skin then, the doctor takes extra precautions and selects milder peels to deliver the best results and avoid complications. Many a time doctors do a patch test of peeling on your skin to know the response of your skin. After peeling there is certain expected downtime is associated, which is completely normal like roughness, dullness, and flaky skin lasting for 5-7 days post peeling.
Bulges, skin sags, and more relentless wrinkles do not respond fine to chemical peels. They may require different types of cosmetic surgical processes, like laser resurfacing, brow lift, facelift, eyelid lift, or supple tissue filler. A Dermatologist at Mayra Skin and Aesthetics Clinic can help in finding out the most suitable kind of treatment for you.
How to set up for the procedure?
Prior the process, you and your Mayra Skin and Aesthetics Clinic dermatologist must talk about expectations, possible risks and results of the process. You also must:
- Talk about your wrinkled skin situation and your treatment targets so as to find out the best suitable and effective chemical peel.
- Disclose any narration of scarring, unrelenting cold scores or face surgeries, or radiation therapy in the last 6 months.
- Disclose about any other treatment and medications you are on to the doctor.
- Stop using topical medications such as glycolic acid, tretinoin, adapalene, benzoyl peroxide, face scrubs before peeling treatment, and also let the doctor know before hand about your usage of these products.
- You don’t need any assistance after the peeling treatment but if you feel please bring someone along to drive you back home.
At Mayra Skin and Aesthetics Clinic, we are having many years of experience in chemical peel treatment. To book an appointment, you can mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and call us on 91-95456 66525.